
A brush with celebrity! At the tender age of 8, I was lucky enough to run into baseball legend Bill Kunkel in the camera shop.
My Dad had taken me there so we could get Mom a camera for Christmas. Needless to say, this was a trip I was NOT going to take without my Cabbage Patch Kid strapped to my chest. And my Strawberry Shortcake hat, and fake fur coat. The whole thing left me confused. You can tell by my face I was thinking, "I don't know who this guy is, and I wish he wasn't squeezing me so close. Ehhhh... uncomfortable!"
Over the years, the signature on this Polaroid got a little wet. Must have been all the tears I cried over it. Looking back now, this was probably the best day I ever had. I thought it would get better from there, but... nope. It didn't. That was my peak: The Day I Met Bill Kunkel, Whom I Didn't Know At All, and Still Don't Know Crap About.
3 comments:
I think Bill Kunkel was fixin' to steal your Cabbage Patch Doll. Thank goodness you had her strapped on so tightly, or her little plastic face could have ended up on a milk carton.
lol, I can see it now "Missing: Francis Xavier Roberts." Didn't all the cabbage patch crew have the name Xavier, even if they were girls? :) I remember meeting lots of baseball players as a kid...I went to a lot of baseball games and they always had signings and stuff. To this day, I don't remember who most of them are or if they were good. I just liked our team's mascot. :)
T-- I never did trust that Bill Kunkel. Word 'round town was that after he failed to kidnap several CB Kids that Christmas season, he was caught with his track pants around his ankles, dick-deep in a head of cabbage at the local A&P! Yeee, oww, that's no way to treat leafy greens.
O-- All the CB Kids has Xavier's name splashed across their asscheeks. It always seemed a little odd to me. But I do think I will tattoo my first name on my kid's asses, just so they always know who owns that ass, and they better do what I say.
Post a Comment