Easin' Back
I think I can safely say that today has been a good transitional day back at the office for me. It's my first day back, and as far as first-days-back go, this one wasn't too shoddy.
First of all, I only had 56 e-mails waiting for me. However, only about 12 of them were actually e-mails I needed to read and/or respond to. The rest were safely deleted.
There were no new projects created while I was out. In fact, it really appears no one did much of anything last week. And this being Thanksgiving week and all, I don't anticipate a big rush of work coming down the pipeline in the next couple of days. I appreciate this lack of work SO MUCH.
And finally, only a few people bothered me for all the details about our wedding. I was happy to talk with the people who did ask; I just didn't want to go over it with the set of co-workers I can't stand. Luckily, most of them are out this week for a long holiday. I was so glad to just sink back into my office chair, yet again enjoying the molded comfort of the two indents my ass cheeks have made over the past two years. And I loved being left alone. Ahhh... sweet quiet and sweet blog catch-up time. That's a good day at work.
This past week has been QUITE the week. Wow. I think Greg and I burnt ourselves out a little; trying to do too much and see too many people, too frequently. But it was all good, ultimately. I mean, I got to spend time with my Dad and Kristen and her husband, as well as all of Greg's good friends and his family. There was one day where we scheduled breakfast with one couple, lunch with the entire family, and dinner with two other couples from out of town. Hectic and a little chaotic. It's tough to be "on" for so long when you are normally a laid-back, homebody type with little to no friends, let me tell you! :)
But we did it. And I don't regret it. I do wish we were rich and were able to go right on our honeymoon after the wedding so we could enjoy each other's company and the newlywed status-thing a little more, but what can you do? We did the best we could do, and we got to see a lot of really amazing people. So there isn't much to complain about, really.
Like every time I see Kristen and Ezzy, I felt the same way: why the hell can't we all live in the same city? Or state? I have such a nice time with them, and they're constantly positive, upbeat and friendly-- they're so easy to do things with. How rare is it to have friends that are flexible, never complain, never give you guilt trips, and always make you laugh? I really wish we lived closer so we could hang out like we did this week on a regular basis. Although...
I might have had a few too many alcoholic beverages this past week. I'm not saying I was drunk everyday, but I did definitely enjoy myself and get stupid for several days in a row. Drinking 4 bottles of wine over dinner with your best friend since elementary school is bound to bring about some tipsiness, as well as poor behavior. But who cares?! We had a great time, that's all that matters. Sure, hotel management received complaints (yeah, multiple complaints-- yay for us!) and sure, our husbands were forced to 'separate' us when we got out of control, but it was all in good fun. At least for us, anyway.
And I love being Greg's wife. We haven't been able to savor the marriage yet, but we are finally getting back into our more-ordinary routine (which is hard to recall, since we've been preparing for this wedding for so many months now) and that means the real fun begins. I'm so glad we did this, and I am so glad it's HIM. Sometimes we argue, and sometimes we are stressed and can't spend proper time together, but every single day I look at him and think the same thing: "I am so in love with this guy." I don't know what it is, but it's real and it's exactly perfect. I only hope I can make him as happy as he makes me. I'm ready to do this-- I'm ready to give this marriage my absolute best. I sound like a cheesy Hallmark card, but I don't give a flying fig.
What the hell does that mean, anyway-- what is the inherent value of an airborne fig? I guess it's not too valuable, otherwise there would be a problem in giving it away. I just like the sound of it, and so I say it. Another one I have actually uttered in the past? "I don't give a mouse vagina what you say." See, I was trying to do a little play on that "I don't give a rat's ass" thing when I said that. I think I impressed myself with my own wittiness on that one.
Then again, I am a person who is super-impressed when people can burp words, so take it in what sense thou wilt.
2 comments:
Mouse vagina...BWAHAHAHA! I'm going to have to use that one when I quit my curret job (assuming I get the job I just interviewed for today).
Congrats on the marriage. You two make a handsome couple and your husbands suit was awesome! Your bouqet was gorgeous too - I love all the colors. Mine looked like redneck shit.
Glad to see you've returned from the nuptials blissful and unscathed.
Hey, you have a much better excuse than I for not blogging (since apparently, Gator Football-induced exhaustion and the new dating experience don't count... the HELL they don't!).
Feel free to use the Fozzie/Bateman pic as you will. Glad I could be of service! Both are quite useful.
In fact, I think that may become one of my new aliases...
K.I.T.,
Fozzie Bateman
Post a Comment