First, I hear from my manager that even though I am a "really good writer," I could benefit from taking classes to "fit in" with our new sales direction. I don't know why, but this criticism hit me hard. Maybe it IS time to think about another career. Business writing does suck. But it's all I've done for years and years...what the hell else can I do? Dance with monkeys, perhaps? I'm pretty decent with the simians. Still, does it pay well? Ehhhhhhh.

Second, the Yangtze River dolphin is extinct. How sad! The species has been around for 20 million years and now they are just... gone. I'm sure it won't make the major news outlets, because who cares about one species of dolpin living in Chinese waters? Come on, it doesn't really affect us. Now where's my XBox 360 and my copy of Us Weekly?
Fuck. That who-cares attitude KILLS me. I feel like every single one of us should be highly alarmed that species are dying off every single day and that the planet is quickly being stripped of its abilities to sustain life. Stephen Hawking said just a few weeks ago that the only hope for the human race was to colonize other planets because this planet is doomed. He's a smart guy, so I listen when he makes statements like that. I know we can't worry ourselves silly over things, but we can at least ATTEMPT to care, and to make any changes we can do as individuals.
And, finally... the tap dancing Frankenstein monster is no more. Peter Boyle died. He was a pretty funny fellow.
Life sucks. I want that T-shirt the kid on the little train in "The Jerk" wears. It says, simply and elegantly, "BULLSHIT." But I can't even find an image of that. See what I mean? Today is stupid.
At least I found a photo of Navin and his loyal dog:

"Come on, Shithead."
4 comments:
I'm alarmed. Endangered and extinct species make me sad.
Dolphins are pretty smart. Maybe they're not extinct and they're living in colonies in space.
Problem is, people who think like you (and I) are endangered. It was funny when you wrote about eh XBox and US Weekly but it is also so sad. I recently wrote about this in a blog saying that instead of moving forward as a society, we are movng backwards. Yeah, people suck. All we can do is make sure we make the right decisions and not fuck up the world more.
That's really sad. And scary. I think I have to agree with Hawking's prediction.
Post a Comment