Friday, April 06, 2007

Once more, it's Good Friday. I've said it before, but I really don't understand what's so Good-with-a-capital-G about it. It wasn't such a good day for Christ. It was probably the worst day of his life. I'd switch it; I'd go with Good Sunday instead of "Easter," mostly because Easter sounds like keister and that's another word for a butt, people.

Anyways and what-not, I'm having a nice day so far. Last night was a good TV night, what with The Office and 30 Rock being on back to back. I love 30 Rock. And last night was especially great because Will Arnett was a guest star and good old Baldwin got to do a very cool Thomas Jefferson impression. Nothing beats seeing Thomas Jefferson flip double-birds to a studio audience on a fictional paternity show. I'm still giggling at the image this morning. I wish I could find it so I could put it on this blog post.

This morning we both woke up early and went into work before we were supposed to. Today we are going to meet with a travel agent to get some cold hard facts about taking a cruise for our honeymoon. We are definitely only interested in FACTS. Numbers, charts and possibly graphs, depending on the situation. I plan to keep my face in an expression I'd call "stone-like" and I admit I hope that my sweet husband will show up in the fake beard and serious glasses, and possibly the orthopedic shoes for the full effect. I'd like to see this travel agent lady TRY to make us smile and open our wallets extra-wide. We are NOT going to let the potential "fun" and "excitement" of a cruise shake our resolve to get a good price. Only amateurs fall for that "Fun Ship" shit. We'd prefer to sail on the Frugal Yet Elegant Ship, for we are classy people with discriminating tastes. If I need to, I will slap a lady today. I'm not kidding around here.

When I am not daydreaming about slapping ladies and cruises, I am thinking about the cool surprise I found in my car this morning! I got in to go to work and found not one but 2 issues of the new Buffy comic book on the passenger's seat! I got so giddy and smiled the whole way to work. It wasn't the Front Wheel Drive Fairies or the GloveBox Sprites this time, either, it was Greg. He's awesome. If you see him today, give him a pat on the back and possibly a nice cold beer, and tell 'im what a good man he is. The total wrong thing to do would be to let some spiders loose on his clothes. So please, do the nice thing and not that dick-move thing with the spiders.

I had another surprise today, too: this morning when I was getting dressed, I suddenly remembered that last summer, when the big sales were going on in the shoe store, I bought a new pair of Birkenstocks. They're so cute, too-- white with cherries on the straps. I know it can be hard for Birkenstocks to be cute, and I know they most likely make me look like a fool hippie, but they really are comfortable and I appreciate a shoe I don't have to touch in order to put it on.

Anyway, when I bought these shoes, I didn't even take them out of the box; I just put them away in my closet for this summer. This was a good idea. I pulled the box out today and it was like getting a present. Wow-- imagine going to your closet and finding brand-new shoes! I can tell you that I had one word for it this morning: Sweet. Now I am happily wearing my new shoes, typing away all clickety-clack on this keyboard and thinking about cupcakes.

Oh yeah, I should mention that the mailroom here today is loaded with cupcakes. It's the mail-room-lady's birthday, and they sent an e-mail out while I was writing this telling us we may go partake in cupcakey goodness. Maybe it really IS a Good Friday! It might seem sacriligious, but I think I'll go to the mailroom and eat one cupcake for me and one for my Lord and Savior. Yeah. That's what I'm gonna do!

Meowmeow, I wuv cupcakes and putting me wee kitten-cheeks in 'em.

2 comments:

Naynayfazz said...

Jeez, I don't come and visit in a few days and there are a million posts on here! Cute kitty sleeping on the cupcake. Ooh, a cruise for your honeymoon huh? We are going to Savannah for our honeymoon. I am so excited. When are you planning on going?

Lisa Armsweat said...

Naynay-- We're thinking of going in November. It looks like it's going to be the Mexican Riviera (something about that name cracks me up, I don't know why) on Royal Caribbean. As for you, Savannah sounds so nice. I have heard great things about how beautiful it is down there. Have fun, you crazy kids!

Rae--OK, I just pulled out my dusty copy of "A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again" and bookmarked that chapter. I've got to take a closer look at that. By the way, newsflash! You're already down a kidney. And that shifty-eyed reverend who hung around booth 252 at the last trade show is about $650 richer. And you thought it was excessive consumption of mai tais and bad clams that made you sore the next few days.