Wednesday, August 13, 2008

AUGUST IS GLOOP

I'm not dead, I have just been busy and not blogging as a result. It's not you...it's me.

I went to Chicago for work last week and it was so very lovely. I liked imagining them filming The Dark Knight there. We had great, cool weather and the hotel was very nice. I met lots of decent professional-type-motherfuckahs who can help me in my job, and learned many new and exciting things. I took notes. Lots of notes.

The last night there, they took us on a dinner cruise on Lake Michigan. What a nice time it was, too... drinks out on the deck as we slowly cruised past the skyline during sunset; and then a fancy sit-down dinner inside a beautiful cabin with a live piano player providing ambience that made me mellow out and smile more than I expected to smile than night. I slowly drank a glass of wine and snapped picture after picture of the ever-changing scenery. Sunset is the best time for photos, and minute by minute the look of things transforms...I thoroughly appreciated the simplicity and beauty of that.

Here are a few photos from my trip. There are more on my Flickr page, linked over there on the right side of this page. But here are some of my favorites:






BY the way, I admit to wanting to find a Crowley's bar while I was there, because I am really enamored of that show My Boys. I want to hang out with that gang of friends quite a bit. Almost as much as I want to hang out with Mac, Dennis, Dee and Charlie...but at least the My Boys people wouldn't steal my wallet or kick me down any stairs!
Awww look, it's Sweet Dee and D.B.*!
(*Dumpster Baby)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that one of the ship & the lighthouse. Ahhh!

Fraulein N said...

I think I need to take a trip somewhere, even if it's just for work. Great pictures!

Cupcake Blonde said...

Have to agree, the lighthouse pic made me catch my breath. You have to blow that one up and frame it. I would love something like that for my wall. Makes me yearn for the East Coast. :)

Cupcake Blonde said...

P.S. Loved the Willy Wonka reference.