Wednesday, August 20, 2008

ICON-ME

Here's an icon that my friend Dot made for me. Something about it makes me laugh a lot.

I look neat and angular, when in real life I am supremely messy and lumpy.

So last night, I had a dream that we were renting office space out to the Jonas Brothers. My company decided to give them an office and a couple of cubes. I don't know who each of those Jonas Brothers guys are, but one with a 'fro was sitting on the floor by the water cooler, sorting through a stack of vinyl LPs and getting in everyone's way. At one point, there was a visitor to our office and they were like, "Oh my God, are those a couple of Jonas Brothers?" and I answered, "Yeah. They rent space here." I don't remember what happened after that. I just know that no one in my office was phased by their bizarre popularity, and in fact, no one really knew what they were even famous for.

A current annoyance of mine is the cigarette-lighter AC power adapter in my car. I'm talking about the one I plug in and then connect to my mp3 player so I can keep it charged. Well, the cord is starting to frag out because of overuse, I guess. I'm not getting a steady charge to my player, and this is no good because I lost the wall power unit, so the car is the only way I can charge it at the moment. I want to buy a replacement power adapter but they cost way too much. The cheapest I've seen is about $15, and for some reason the idea of paying $15 for one of those things just offends my sensibilities. I'm thinking of hitting up the dollar stores to see if they have them there. Dollar-store car power adapters = bad idea? Eh, whatever. Who cares.

This blog is quite exciting. I should tell you all about the car that slowed down in front of the house yesterday, and the 100 year odl grandmother who was shoved out of the car, where she rolled to a stop against the curb. You'd love to hear about how she was whining and hollering out there in the hot sun, saying something about her "broken hip" and how "hot" the pavement was. In fact, you might thrill to hear how about how I dragged her under a tree and fed her poison berries to hasten her exit from this world... but really, is this the sort of thing you really want to hear about? You don't come here for excitement, after all.

You come here for this:

(Just some picture of a very sad sandwich that I found someplace.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, what is the deal with the Jonas brothers? I can't even describe how much it makes my blood boil to look at them, in their obviously-concocted-by-a-stylist, 1960s mod outfits. I just want to pick them up and shake them 'til their ankle boots fall off, screaming "YOU ARE DISNEY STARS, WHY DO YOU DRESS LIKE DAVID BOWIE IN 'QUADROPHENIA'?????"

I have to admit, I hated them based on visuals alone, and then...and then. Then I heard them sing and they are young boys and it makes my stomach hurt with rage.

Maybe because I love that sort of mod look, and to see it appropriated by 16-year-old DISNEY STARS, the height of wholesome, sunshiney America-yay!-ness, it kills me inside.

End rant.

Anonymous said...

Avatar pic looks great! It's perfect!

I'm still not believing the Jonas bros. are actually real... they look to anime to me. And, as much as I am anti-Beatles, I loathe that they're being compared to them. Because my little brain recalls some brothers by the name of HANSON- and these guys seem to me to be those blond guys' opposites. In fact, mayhap the Jo Bros. are the offspring of the Beatles and Hanson. Yeah. That's it. And then somebody anime-ed them.

Much better. Happy now. Sufficient rationalization has been achieved.

Love how the rented floor-space by the water cooler, though. ;)

That is one freaky-ass sandwich.

Cupcake Blonde said...

I have no idea who the Jonas Brothers are other than seeing quick flashes of them as I zipped through channel surfing. Had never heard any of their music, deeming it "too young" for my 30-year-old ears. But then I heard a snippet of one fo their songs on iTunes (it was the single of the week and free) and it was okay so I downloaded it. Catchy and fun, but not good enough to make me get their album or anything. However I still fail to see the draw. It's not like they are even cute or anything.

That sandwich is going to give me nightmares.

Naynayfazz said...

None of us know who the Jonas Brothers are because we are not 12 year old cheesewads. I am not really sure what a cheesewad is but it sounded appropriate here.

I stopped blogging because I found my blog to be very boring and I was running out of ideas on how to be witty and interesting. So, I put that shit to bed, yo.

Fraulein N said...

I love your avatar pic. That's a good one.

I have seen the Jonas Brothers in passing. I just assumed they were the second coming of Hanson; in other words, this too shall pass.

My cigarette lighter/AC-adapter thing in my car crapped out too. And I think I bought the $15 dollar one. So now I don't know if I should spring for one of the really expensive ones. Gah. I needs mah music.