Tuesday, September 02, 2008

HAMLET 2

Here it is, the song that WILL be in your head the rest of the day. Enjoy!

(And see the movie because it's not only hilarious but it has Elisabeth Shue playing herself. That's right. And they make reference to her work in Adventures in Babysitting, arguably the best movie ever made about babysitting.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever read the book Adventures in Babysitting? It scared the CRAP out of me when I was a kid. For the longest time I wouldn't even watch the movie- although both have the same title but completely different story lines.

The Pet-sitting Peril was creeptastic, too.

Cupcake Blonde said...

I LOVE Adventures in Babysitting. I just got it on DVD because I was telling my husband about it and he had never seen it. I thought that was so wrong so I bought it and made him watch. he hasn't laughed so hard at a movie in a long time.

I need to go see Hamlet 2. Rock Me Sexy Jesus!

Tim said...

What's Adventures in Babysitting's competition in the best babysitter movie ever category? Don't tell mom the babysitter's dead?

naynayfazz said...

I loved Adventures in Babysitting as well. I watched that move 8000 times as a kid.

Lisa Armsweat said...

Shades- No, I never read that book. Or the Petsitting Peril, either. I think I was too busy reading the Babysitter's Club series back in the day. (And now, too)

VP- It IS a fantastic movie, yeah. I love the Thor stuff. I want to watch the whole thing in one sitting again one-a these days.

Tim- I do think it's superior to Don't...Babysitter's Dead, for sure. Interestingly, Keith Coogan is in both films. Quite the oeuvre. But I'd say it's better than all those horror movies with babysitters, as well as things related to babysitting, like Daddy Day Care and such.

Janine- Oh man, me too! I watched it way too much. When I was in Chicago, all I did was look for that diamond-shaped building that Sara slides down when the bad guys were after her. When I saw it, finally, I wanted to geek out with someone but alas, I was alone. Sadness. :(

Fraulein N said...

Do you know I have never seen "Adventures in Babysitting"? Never, even partially, or by accident, the way you sometimes do. It seems like the sort of thing I really could've gotten into, too. I feel like if I saw it now, it wouldn't be the same experience somehow.

Anonymous said...

LOL! those books predated BSC.
BSC hadn't even been concieved at that time!

Cupcake Blonde said...

Speaking of The Babysitter's Club (I LOVED those books) check out what I found:
http://claudiasroom.blogspot.com/