A frightening aspect of my everyday reality is the very real fact that, at any given time, I could be driving down the street, minding my own business, and have Glen Campbell hit my car.
This is because the Rhinestone Cowboy lives in my town. In fact, he apparently lives a mere half a mile from my place of employment. And more disturbingly, he lives feet from the home of Pearl, the white donkey that I love to look at during my drive to and from work each day. God help Mr. Drunken-Drive-Away if he ever hurts Pearl! I would lose it.
Other people that I run the risk of colliding with include "rock temptress" Stevie Nicks, Alice Cooper, Bil Keane ("Family Circus" dude) and, apparently, David Spade's father.
Phoenix is a dangerous place to live. If these people were to ever join forces I am pretty sure they would mess the fabric of society up pretty badly.
Tricia once had the pleasure of handling Glen Campbell's rhinestone suit! This was back during the days of her employment at Biltmore Cleaners. And I believe that Mr. Glen Campbell came in himself to pick up the shiny suit. Trish is so lucky she got that sort of personal contact. Another time, she says could have sworn she saw David Spade walk past the window of the dry cleaners and get into a car with actress Kristy Swanson. That dry cleaners was a hotbed of celebrity activity. If we had known what we know now about the E! Television network, we should have arranged to set up video cameras all over the place and then we coulda made a small fortune (probably about $45.) selling our exclusive footage to them. Hindsight is 20/20, or so they say.
Here's something to pass the time until you can gorge on turkey and get annoyed at your relatives: The local paper is running this poll for everyone to vote for the scariest celebrity mug shot. Put democracy to work and place your vote today! Do it in the name of our beautiful country.
Otherwise all those sexually transmitted diseases the pilgrims caught from the dirty injuns on Thanksgiving was all in vain.
No comments:
Post a Comment