I have not had any good ideas of things to write about here, and today is no exception. I'm sitting here at work, kinda bored, and I want to write to keep awake and to just keep the ole' blog going. But will I come up with anything to say? I don't know. Technically, I am saying stuff now but it's so completely boring that I want to ram a shovel into my own face. Yeah, I do.
So let's see: I haven't been watching TV. I think it's just not my thing lately. I have been doing things I can't remember the next day. (As in, "What did I do last night? Oh well, couldn't have been that good.") I'm reading books again. I fixed my DJ and now can download songs again--which I have been unable to do since Christmas. I'm shopping when I shouldn't be shopping. However, recent reviews of my spending habits have shown I am a lot better than I was a year ago-- I am buying a fraction of what I used to buy. I stick to things I really need or want. I went out on Saturday night and shopped by myself for a few hours, spending the majority of that time in Barnes and Noble. I like to wander through the science fiction section and pick up books at random, read the back and if it sounds a little interesting, flip to a page and see if the style grabs me. It hardly ever does anymore, but in the past I've found some of my favorite books that way. This activity can eat up at least an hour for me. This weekend, I did find a book or two that I admit I bought, and now can add them to the long list of Books I Own and Need to Read. Luckily, I am on book 2 of 13 at the moment. I'm confused if the next book I read will be "Wicked" by Geoffrey McGuire or "What the Dogs Have Taught Me" by Merrill Markoe. Or if I'll skip to the end of the list and go with that "Wizard of Earthsea" book since I've been in the sci-fi mood lately. Such choices, and so many of such choices...!
I've had odd as hell dreams lately; some are personal things I won't impart here completely, but I have to say, they are not normal. One common thread I have noticed in the past week or so-- ALL of my dreams seem to either take place in New Jersey or, by the end of the dream, have me winding up in New Jersey. I dreamed that I bought this condo here in Phoenix and my Mom went in on the deal with me for some reason, and we were moving in and the neighbors were all coming out into their little tiny yards to yell hello to us. They were just standing behind the fences that separated the yards and hollering--we never saw them. Next, there was something with pastel-colored watering cans and a picnic, where a small Hispanic girl was crying for her mother while holding a black cat. Finally, I wake up one morning in the dream and I tell my Mom goodbye for the day, go out the door to go to work and it's a green, leafy parking lot that I see and I get into my old NJ car. In another dream? I'm making out with Jay (you know, Kevin Smith's Jay). Couldn't have called that one. But there it was. Oh man, it has been an active dream week and I can't say why. I'd like to have one night where there's nothing going on so I wake up feeling like I actually slept. I get this weird feeling when I dream like I am directing the dream, so there is constant work to be done. Vigilance. I can't explain it, but dreaming is not a restful activity for me. I wake up and write things down or keep thinking about the dream for hours and hours into my day. Some of my dreams have been awesome as hell-- two of my books have come directly from things I saw in dreams-- but most of the time they tire me out.
So this is off the subject, but I was hoping I could get off the subject and end this entry... it's raining here. And the residents of Phoenix have had to boil their drinking water, because some sediment or something has seeped into the water supply and contaminated a few of the filtering-stations or something like that. I am too lazy to look up the facts. Still, water here is so fucking newsworthy all the time. It only rained 0.03 of an inch today and it's one of the top stories of the day. Oh my fucking God, rain! People, LOOK at the rain! It's raining at the airport! And at the spot on the corner where the newscamera guy is sitting filming cars going by! Shit! And now the water supply is having trouble... oh NO! The fact is, gentle public, we cannot stop thinking about and reporting on water. It's too intriguing. Oh my God.
I feel like Phoenix is some sort of futuristic metropolis wasteland with doom just waiting around the corner. All because of the precious commodity that is water. Civil wars will break out when the water becomes too scarce. This city will be the biggest ghost town in about 50 years, when I predict the water will be all gone from here. People aren't supposed to live here in these kind of numbers. It's not going to last. I am sure of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment