Saturday, January 01, 2005


I spent the last 24 hours making offers and counteroffers on this house, and a few minutes ago I found out my offer was accepted. So, by the end of this month, this will be my house. I'm pretty excited, of course...it's awesome inside, and it's in a neighborhood with rising property values. But best of all, I can now run around in my best underwear and sing into hairbrushes all I want, because it's my house damn it, and I can do what I want. Most likely the neighbors will find me unconscious on that nice green lawn, by sometime in February, after one too many speedballs. This is an exciting and scary time, financially-speaking, but I can make it work. Let me know if you want to rent a room from me, I might consider it-- it depends on how much I like those speedballs I'm going to start doing as part of my New Year resolution. I might need a bit more money comin' in.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Cool pad! Good luck with it..and the speedballs!

Anonymous said...

congratulations ! while scary and daunting, buying a place is the best thing you will ever spend your hard-earned cash on (says the first-time homeowner of 6 months)...good luck! --Lisa Hanson

Lisa Armsweat said...

Hey everyone-- Thanks for the encouragement! I'm very excited. I have been so busy setting up inspections and signing papers that I haven't been bloggin' so thanks for continuing to stop by. And for the Better Off Dead quotes... "Monique! Why aren't you with Ricky!"

Maybe I'll have to throw a Bloggers Party at this house sometime... and yeah, that means you'll have to fly in to town. :)