Gosh, what's with me not blogging and stuff? I guess I must be busy, preoccupied, or drunk or something. Now that tequila has passed over these wayward-virgin lips, there's really no going back now, is there? So let's just admit that yeah, since Sunday I have been knockin' back the 'la.
Either way, I have so much I need to do. One of the things I still need to do is respond to a tag I got from Jen, one of the latest bloggers added to my links. I'll get to that soon, probably. I just need to concentrate so I list the 6 weird facts about me correctly. (This could take some time.)
In the meantime, I'll just write some random crap.
Quickly, now!:
* Our pool is coming along. The excavation crew showed up unexpectedly at 6:30 in the morning one week ago. They dug out the big hole, and left us some of the dirt. Here's an interesting fact: if you get a pool dug, count on some of your neighbors to peek over the fence to watch or come over to ask the diggin' guys if they can have some of that dirt. Two different neighbors requested our dirt! (One later passed on our dirt, though. Guess he couldn't handle all that dirt.) I found it amusing as hell that people we live in close proximity to saw an opportunity for free dirt and they damned well were gonna take it. Note: if you want some of our dirt, speak up now or forever hold your dirt-needing peace, because Greg is working hard to shovel and spread the dirt we kept, and it will soon be assimilated into our yard. Just mail me a small jar, bottle, or box with a SASE and I can send you some of our beautiful, brown, clumpy, dry dirt within the next 4-6 weeks.
* As of today, the pool already has plumbing, electric and a steel frame. None of it is actually done, really... the contractors sort of suck ass. Oh, well. At least we'll be the proud owners of our own swimmin' hole this summer!
* I heard it might hit 100 degrees by this weekend. It's still April. This is just not fair. I want a spring!
* I recommend watching "Bowfinger" again. We did it this weekend and it just gets funnier and funnier every time. Here is one of my favorite quotes:
Kit: "Happy Premise Number 1: There are no aliens."
Mindhead Leader: "What is Happy Premise Number 2?"
Kit: "Happy Premise Number 2! There is no big foot trying to squash me."
Mindhead Leader: "And what is Happy Premise Number 3?"
Kit: "Happy Premise Number 3... even though I think I might ignite, I probably won't."
I will blog at a later time, but I leave you with today's magic word: GONADS!
1 comment:
If there is one thing (and there is) that I miss about living somewhere that has 115 degree summers, it's the pool. I miss swimming SO very much. Almost enough to move back to Cali. I think I have only swam four times in the last four years; I used to swim four times a day.
Post a Comment