Today is Old Spice Tuesday!
In my humble opinion, the new Old Spice commercials are the absolute best commercials on TV right now. My sweet husband found the following videos on YouTube today, and in the spirit of sharing, I am posting them here for others to enjoy.
First up, we have BRUCE CAMPBELL!
I love him. I think he's wildly underused by the Hollywood movie makin' machine. The man is funny. He has, unlike some actors whose names rhyme with Pickleass Sage, charmisma and a certain 'something' that makes him interesting to watch and listen to. Having him in an Old Spice commercial was a stroke of marketing genius! No one else would be so perfect at walking around in a smoking jacket in front of a repeating painting of old-timey ships. Long live the Chin.
The second commercial is the MANLY TEST:
"Old Spice performs in real man situations like basketball, recon and... frenching."
The delivery from the manly actor; the hair growing where the Old Spice is applied; the comment about "wildflowers and shame"... so enjoyable. Awards all around for the Old Spice team!
If I weren't a chick, I'd wear this shit! Oh, and I would take a moment to check out my new set of testicles.
8 comments:
I think your the only girl, that consistantly blogs, that I actually like to read. Oh sure there is Jenny Mac but she never blogs and her's only have meaning to...her. I don't get them most of the time. And your sis.. she's been mostly using it as advertising space.
I need a Malcolm fill again.
I hear Pickleass Sage and Beena Bobo are in a hot movie coming this summer. It is being directed by this great new director named Waypay Spazz and written by this hot shot exective named Piz Barmzwet. ;)
(Just jokin' about all the "sounds like" names)
I have never seen these commercials. I guess I have to watch more television. The second one was funnier than the first one.
One more thing, after looking at your new set o' testicles, would you show them to your husband, Leg Booling?
How funny! Lisa, you're so creative.
...Old Spice is something I associate with both my grandpas, though...
A&C: You're gonna have to wait for a Malcolm story/pic... he's been pretty mad at me lately because he found out I'd been making fun of him. Never piss off an elderly chihuahua with bad breath. Trust me on this one.
Naynay-- Piz Barmzwet totally needs to get back to blogging. I just re-read one of her old blogs where she talked about weird stuff she did as a kid and remembered how funny she can be. Damn Piz and her damned jewelry career. Oh-- and Leg Booling is a fantastic code name. It sounds like something you do at the gym to work out your quads, or an event at the Olympics. Thanks for the imagery!
Jen-- The creative folks are the Old Spice people, not me. And I know what you mean about the associations-- it makes me think of my grandfather, too. And a weird memory I have of going to a yard sale as a kid and seeing a dusty bottle of it for sale.
Oh, I love when people say "frenching." It just makes my day.
By the way, when I typed the last sentence, I accidentally wrote "makes my daddy." I think I should call my therapist, STAT.
I meant you as Piz Barmzwet, but I think you were talking about Trish. She is awesome too and a faboo jewelry maker but I was talking about you and Leg.
Piz and Leg sitting in a tree... k-i-s-s-i-n-g. :)
BTW, Tell Trish I am going to be contacting her soon. Once I get my bridesmaid dresses picked out, I want her to make my bridal party jewelry. I am gonna hook her up with some dough! ;)
Yes, Bruce Cambell does indeed rock.
Army of Darkness was on yesterday. I thought of you.
Post a Comment