Wow... two posts ago, I hit the 1,000th post mark! I didn't realize it until today, and now I wish I'd written something momentous. Oh well, no big deal. Still, 1,002 posts seems like a big number.
I've got so much to do right now. I need to unpack work-stuff and e-mail and call people, and proofread and format things... and today I am just sitting here in a funk, not really doing much at all. Mondays are hard, and especially Mondays that follow a four-day weekend. Maybe lunch will get me all jazzed up or something.
I haven't said "jazzed up" in awhile. I don't really know why I said it there, either. I do think that being "jazzed up" requires a leotard, Capezio shoes, a glittery top hat and of course, copious use of jazz hands. Wouldn't it be strange if I truly became jazzed up after lunch? I could stroll back to my desk with a cane tucked under one arm, doing fancy jazz moves down the hallway and landing in my chair in a big showy finish? I'd do it, I think, if not for the leotard. There's no way I'd put one of those on again. There's a reason the word ends with "tard." That's all I'm saying.
2 comments:
LOL! Capezio. Wow. It's been a while...
Happy 1002nd post! I'm sure your blog will forgive you if you throw it a big birthday bash next month - hey, maybe our blogs can have joint parties and get drunk and hold each other's hair back while the other one pukes.
Post a Comment