Tonight, Greg and I had planned to go see The Black Angels down in Phoenix. We saw them once last year, and they were fantastical, and so the show tonight was something we were both super psyched for. AND THEN...
The coughing and hacking and spitting and nose-blowing took over my life.
I am beyond annoyed right now. I want to go to this show tonight so badly. I'm thinking I might be able to, since I was good and went to the doctor this afternoon and got some antibiotics for, what he said was "early bronchitis." At least if I am taking something, it shouldn't matter where I venture out in the world, right? I am not doomed to spending many more hours in bed, am I? Because I did that today and it has been a crummy, boring-ass day. Also, I figure hey-- if I am coughing in a loud club during a show, who's going to notice? And it's not like I won't cover my mouth and use lots of tissues.
This isn't over yet, either. My pain continues when I think that there's also a chance of us having to miss seeing "The Lieutenant of Inishmore" at Actor's Theater tomorrow night, too. I read a preview of this show last month and thought it sounded excellent... I mean, it's not everyday that you see a play that requires the use of a "blood cannon." Tickets were astronomically high, though, so I all but gave up hope of seeing it. Then, this week, they went on sale for $10 a ticket and Greg and I snapped a pair up for tomorrow night's show. Yay! BUT OF COURSE...
If I am coughing, that is unacceptable behavior in a theater. I don't want to be That Annoying Sick Person. I am thinking that, now that I am on the meds, the coughing will slow down, maybe? And there are Sucrets and other lozenges I can suck throughout a performance. We may still be able to see it. Right? After all, maybe I can time my coughs for the more violent scenes; maybe the sound of the gunfire will drown me out? One can hope.
Ah, hell. Whatever, universe. Just keep on screwing me, bitch. I'll get you one of these days.
2 comments:
Get well soon!
I hate bronchitis. That's the only thing I ever get, and I get it whenever I run myself down. I don't have to be exposed to someone who has it in order for it to invade my body- it already lives there, just waiting to surface...
Tell Indy Auntie Jen says to wait on you HAND AND FOOT!
Hey, thanks for the get-well wishes! I am getting better by now, thanks to some meds and probably too much rest. Seriously, when did naps become so much fun? :)
So, Indy didn't listen to you... he did SHIT for me while I was down. Can you come out here and give him a stern talkin' to?
Post a Comment