Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Dave at my job stopped me in the hall this morning to ask me some questions:

Dave: "Are you a part of Is What It Is? I saw postcards in the breakroom and wondered if you were doing that."
Me: "No, I don't do that anymore."
Dave: "Oh. So, anyway, how was the house this weekend?"
Me: "Well, I wasn't part of this show, so I didn't go, but I think they sold a lot of tickets--"
Dave: "I meant the house you were going to buy."
Me: "Oh. No, we didn't buy that house. The pool looked bad and shingles were popping up on the roof."
Dave: "Are you going to look at doing others?"
Me: "...Houses?"
Dave: "Oh. No. I meant, shows. Any more shows."
Me: "I don't know."

We parted.
It was a confusing, jump-around conversation. Yet, the thing is, I like Dave. He is a very cool gray-haired dude. At least he is friendly. Which always gets points from me. I am relatively easy to impress. Not many people are friendly these days. Just old fashioned, nice folks. That's what I like. Maybe I should head to the Dakotas. I bet there are some nice folks there.

No comments: