Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Here's one of those free association blogs. I'm doing this because I don't have anything else to say on an article I am writing for work, and sometimes after I blog I can finish work easier. So here's what I've got, strictly off the top of my head:

For lunch I had... a Chipotle burrito, and they made it perfect today.

Last thing I watched on TV... news coverage of the earthquake/tsunami disaster.

My hair is... in desperate need of a trim.

If I was a type of jelly, I would be... the Last Jam.

My favorite dog breed for the day is... border collies.

One thing Lassie should have never done was... Timmy.

My favorite line in Stand By Me is... "What am I supposed to do, think of everything? I brought the comb!"

Right now it is... raining.

I didn't...mail out Christmas cards this year.

I did... put some money in the Salvation Army bucket, and I tipped well all year long. I get a tiny buzz out of tipping well.

I might... consider rescuing a monkey that was in some sort of trouble. Hence, Monkey Trouble.

I also might... get an eye exam, to see if I 'qualify' for cute little smart-girl glasses.

I probably won't... see "Collateral", "Man on Fire" or "Bridget Jones' Whatevers" on DVD. Not interested.

The last blog-worthy event that happened to me was... I went to the Circle K on my lunch hour to get some chewy Sprees (told you I needed sugar) and to purchase some lottery tickets. I usually do this on days when things go wrong. Today, when I found out I didn't get that house, I figured it was a good time for controlled gambling. As I was purchasing the tickets, the lady at the counter asked me if I was over 21. I pulled my huge bag up onto the counter, sorted through until I found my license and showed her. I really despise when you get carded for buying a fucking lottery ticket. It just gets me annoyed in a very special, little way. After that, she glances at my bag and asks me, "Do you got a pillow in there?"

I just looked at her for a second. I asked her to repeat the question, and she did. "Do. You. Have. A. Pillow. In. There?!" she asked. I thought maybe she was thinking my bag looked really full, and maybe she wanted to see if I was carrying a pillow, or if I was shoplifting some shit. (If I was going to shoplift, it sure as hell wouldn't be at Circle K.) So I opened up my bag and started to say, "No, I just have a lot of..."

She bursts out laughing. "Oh, you are SO CUTE!" she yells. Huh? "I meant, do you got a pillow, 'cuz I need to go to sleep! Whew!" I kind of smiled, shook my head that I had no pillow, and kind of gathered up my stuff to get away as quickly as possible. It was a pretty weird exchange of words. She creeped me out. Especially since she was dentally challenged and had a suspicious-looking stain on her Circle K smock. (It looked like doody.)

Well, that did the trick. I think I can finish my article now. Thanks for reading, and Godspeed. Which is much faster than lightspeed, I think. Zooooomm, wow-ee, zip!


No comments: