Wednesday, February 23, 2005

I was just referring to some handwritten notes I took a couple weeks ago for some articles I am working on. I was surprised to see the following scrawled on my notes: "Next continuing education conference is in South Dakota." Next line: "21 Jump Street! Bah-DOWH!"

I don't remember writing that, but it's in my handwriting and I have no idea why I would follow the South Dakota thing with 21 Jump Street. And Bah-DOWH? What does that mean, really? I know the sound it is, because I say it a lot. But why is it paired with 21 Jump Street? I am really confused now.

I don't think the 21-Jump-Street-Bah-DOWH! item is going to make it into this article. Too bad.

Jones, the Dog, is currently under general anesthesia, getting his testicles 'worked on,' and when I say 'worked on,' I mean to say, 'removed.' Poor guy. I feel sorry for the lil' dude, having that done and all. I'm crazy about him. He was very happy this morning when he woke up and ran around the living room. I hope he doesn't think that life in my house means constant genital surgery or something. I always worry about what dogs think and what they perceive to be patterns in my schedule. Hopefully Malcolm will let him know this is something that never happens, except in the very beginning of the relationship. I also think Jones has gay tendencies, in that he is kind of interested in other male dogs' private parts. ("Stupid gay dog!") This is not very conducive to a strong relationship with Malcolm, however. I've noticed Malcolm likes to just stand there and watch Jones most of the time; just stare at him while he sleeps or plays with his little green bouncy ball. Sometimes that is one long, cold stare. Malcolm is kind of cruel when he wants to be. (In fact, I sometimes think Malcolm is not only homophobic, but racist as well.) Jones is very sweet and sort of goofy, and he really wants to be close to Malcolm, but when Malcolm stares him down he just 'shrugs' and backs away from Malcolm; he's the submissive of the two of them. Malcolm can be a bit much, I admit it. I don't think I will ever have a dog as diabolical as Malcolm again in my lifetime. One is too many.

Today, this line from "Braveheart" was stuck in my head as I drove to work: "I'm your uncle, Argyle." I know, it's not much, but it sure was in there. I think I was reminded of Braveheart because the mountains here are coated with a green tint these days from all the rain we've had. They look so much better with some green. Especially when the weather is cooler and breezy like it is today, with a bright blue sky with poofy white clouds with dark gray underbellies lurking around. It looks a little Highlandy out here recently and I like it. I would say it was Spedoinkle out here, but the air really isn't as warm as a baked potato at the moment. Wait, though. It'll get there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

After reading this: "Next continuing education conference is in South Dakota." Next line: "21 Jump Street! Bah-DOWH!" I have a request!

Please just write write and write some more for a few minutes nonstop - no editing! - and see what happens! I have a feeling it'd be way cool!