This is a dog that is currently named "Gramps." Today Malcolm and I met Gramps, and they acted like two old men hanging out a bocce game in the retirement village. (Did I spell bocce right? I don't have a dictionary handy right now. Damn it!) So basically, I decided that as soon as I move into my condo next weekend, I'm going to pick this dog up and bring him home to live with us. I don't think I will keep calling him "Gramps" because that reminds me of a doll I used to have as a kid that I called Dirty Old Gramps. Dirty Old Gramps was basically an old-man Barbie doll, with a beard and everything, and we used to play that he liked to look in the windows of the Barbie dreamhouse as the Barbies got dressed. I am positive that Trish and Tracy both remember Dirty Old Gramps, fondly, as I do.
Anyway, the dog.
I have never had a dog that looked like THIS. I hope he's not too old, but since Malcolm is older than this dog and acts like he's an ADD kid without his meds on a regular basis, I figure Gramps will be fine once he comes out of his scared lil' shell. Look at those sad, sad eyes and the way his head is tilted downward like, "Umm, excuse me...can anyone...um...can anyone please take me outside? I seem to have to urinate..." He charmed me. He even charmed Malcolm, which is really tough for a dog to do. This is such a strange little soul. I can't help it, I must be his friend.
Any suggestions for names for this guy? So far I am thinking "Elliott" in honor of Chris Elliott, but I don't know how Cabin Boy-esque this dog is yet. Also, Rupert Giles and Bill Murray are some names I'm considering. As well as Django. He looks like a Django. Although it would be fun to yell, "C'mere, Bill Murray!" in the dog park. I could use a little help, so offer some if you've got it. Thanks.
5 comments:
My roommate thinks Geoff. I like Dog.
I like the spelling of Geoff; but the problem is my Dad's name is Jeff and I wouldn't want people saying "so you named your dog after your Dad?!" Because What People Are Saying is very crucial. :) I have been calling him Tha Dog in my head and here, but so far I am thinking of GEORGE. Because my Pop Pop had a black and white cat named George, and because of George Michael Bluth on "Arrested Development." Oh, there are so many possibilities!! The mind boggles.
oh my ! i *love* Gramps !
he's...just...perfect.
only, i think you should name him "Steve". he looks like a "Steve" to me....
-Lisa Hanson
Damn it anyway, Lisa! You are me. :)
I was driving past that accident that day after I saw him and thinking of naming him Steve. I was thinking after Steve Zissou... but then I had an ex boyfriend named Steve and my last boss was named Steve. Fuckin' Steves, ruining the fuckin' Steve good name.
When are you gonna start a blog, Hanson? Hmmm...?!
I say "The Gutte"
Post a Comment