Sunday, September 18, 2005


"This is the only time I really feel alive..."

Tomorrow night we are going to see Nine Inch Nails. It has been about 10 years since I have seen a NIN show, so I am very excited. Although I admit to being partial to the thin/tortured look for Trent, I am liking the new, healthier Trent a lot-- so it will be nice to see him. The thing I am struggling with is this: I am just not that into With Teeth. I listen to it, and yet it doesn't really stick like Downward Spiral and parts of The Fragile did. Well, I am still a fan and always will be. Tomorrow night is going to kick ass, even if it's all but guaranteed that they'll be playing mostly new stuff.

Also this week-- Corpse Bride opens. And a new AZ Roller Derby match is playing on Saturday night-- the Surlie Gurlies vs. the Bruisers. So this looks like it will be a nice, dark, funny and bloody week. Lots of entertainment. Entertainment can be good sometimes. (I thought I had something more eloquent to say on the subject, but it looks like it just wasn't in the cards.)

The weather is finally cooling off. I have been walking every single day either early in the morning or at night. Last night Greg and I took a walk in the full-moonlight with the girls. Simple things like that make me unbearably happy.

Today's movie quote: "I put a Norwegian in the boiler room, and when that blew, it set off a pack of thermals upstairs. Some days it's just great to be alive!"

2 comments:

Lisa Armsweat said...

You know, I am actually relieved you share my opinion of With Teeth. My least favroite song on the album is, in fact, With Teeth. ("With the Teeth-uh!") I thought I was alone in my feelings.

Also, I finally saw that clip on "The Soup" of Whitney yelling "KISS MY ASS!" and I thought of you and Trish.

Not sure why I added that here, but maybe it will spur some good comments or some shit! Comment Whore-- that's me.

Smackadocious said...

The "Norwegian in the boiler room"... Classic! Have a blast at the show!