Tuesday, February 07, 2006

So I have to write a LOT of copy for work to make up for lost time last week and yesterday (which I spent in a elated daze, looking at my ring, writing e-mails and running out my phone's charge on long breaks). The only thing that helps is music. Lots of it, loud.

I was working and listening to a Musicmatch playlist and rocking out to my current favorite, VNV Nation ("Empires" album); "El Tango de Roxanne" from Moulin Rouge; Tsunami Bomb; and more VNV... when suddenly "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear" by Frank Sinatra pops up. It was quite incongruous and made me laugh. I wonder how I managed to pull that song into the playlist for "High Energy Stuff".

It was such a serene moment I stopped writing and thought about peace on the earth and good will toward men-- but that stopped, don't you worry. "Black Grease" by the Black Angels came on and I commenced rawkin'. Maybe not writing, though. Maybe I will DANCE now. We'll see!

No comments: