Thursday, June 07, 2007

Well, I'm afraid it will be difficult to top yesterday's photos. But I can share the only two pictures I took while I was in Las Vegas this time last month.

A lot of people take pictures of the many Elvises, fountains, the lights on the strip, hookers, whatever. Me, I managed to snap just two lovely photographic gems, and here I will share them with all you fine people. (My grasp of the english language is astounding, is it not?)

First, this is what was on my hotel room TV every time I turned it on. It was an in-house station that was meant to teach the tricks of gambling. Or something like that. What they did was get a bunch of crappy celebrity impersonators to play out these retarded little scenarios to demonstrate how to do stuff down in the casino. I really liked the Katherine Hepburn impersonator, but unfortunately I only caught her segment once. The impersonator was downright terrible, and she was seated at the slot machines and saying things like, "Ohh-kay, now that I see three CHERRIES in a rooooww, what does thaaaaht mean??" in a very bad shaky voice. It was so stereotypical Katherine Hepburn it was almost offensive on some level. It really made me laugh, though. Maybe because I was overly tired, I don't know.

Anyway, I also enjoyed the Fran Drescher impersonator. I don't remember what her little gambling scene was all about--probably poker-- but this woman was also awful. All she did was that laugh, and go, "AWWWWWWW look at me, I'm playin' POKAH!" and shit like that. But for me, her facial expressions were the kicker, and so I captured this for all time:

The other picture was taken when me and my co-worker John were walking down the strip looking for somewhere to go to dinner. We spotted this metallic gentleman and stood and watched his little statue/robot act. I think he had a beatbox with some old-timey rap tunes comin' out of it, and he was roboting around, looking for tips, I guess. I wanted to take his picture because there, in front of the Fatburger, he just looked cool. But then he saw me and noticed I was taking a camera out, and he started motioning to me to come over there. I was kind of horrified, actually. I did NOT want to do the robot with the silver man. I was tired! It was a long day! And besides, I only have the courage to do shit like that when I'm with those with whom I am very, very close. Or when I have a wee bit o' booze in me.

Anyway, in this shot, you can see him gesturing to me. Kind of creepy, but oddly reminiscent of the kindly Tin Man (in some way...maybe I'm just a little weird): You know what I just realized? This guy was sort of short and fat.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, um, Fran Drescher has an impersonator. Someone more annoying than her.... is it possible? I actually like Fran but her voice is annoying.

Those tin men who act robotic are super creepy. I hate them. If I am ever somewhere where they are, I run away.

Jen said...

Interesting.

Love Fran, though! Love the idea of an impersonator, too!

Thought of you the other day when I saw the unrated dvd of Rest Stop in one of the dvd racks at Wal-Mart... laughed my ass all the way down the aisle.

Almost bought it, too.

Paul said...

THis isn't really related to this post, but do you watch the Dog Whisperer? I think it's on Animal Planet, but I'm not sure. It's a pretty cool show.

Fraulein N said...

That second picture is friggin' TERRIFYING, man.

Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

He just wanted your $$$. The ones in Chicago just stand there motionless until someone drops in some dough to see their act.