Saturday, April 30, 2005

I just want to say thanks to everyone who reacted to my story about the dog, and for offering your own stories and comforting words. That was very cool, and it made me gain a little more faith in humanity as a whole. I love knowing other people are good, decent and caring people and we all feel the same way about things like this. Sometimes I have a problem with hating people, being overly sarcastic and/or pessimistic about how they act (hey, living in Scottsdale for a few years does that to you, ask Trish), so this was also the bright side of what happened. I got to realize people are inherently good on the inside, and most people are not afraid to show it. Thanks for being there for me, and for being the cool people you are.

Anyway, what should I post for my first non-death related blog entry? Hmm. Good question. I would like to write about some hilarious thing I have seen but the past 48 hours just haven't been what I would call hilarious. I have had some very lovely things occurring in my private life, but that just ain't blog territory. Yesterday at the carwash, I noticed that I was literally the only person not talking on a cell phone while waiting. Seriously, every single person there was on a cell phone at one point. Simultaneously. It was remarkable in a way, and very sad, too. What the hell was it like back in say, 1995? Before cell phones were frickin' everywhere, what did people do with themselves? Did they read? Did they talk to strangers? Did they actually function? I wonder. I can't remember what it was like already. It seems like people have always been on cell phones at any obsessive rate. This bugs me a little.

I got tailgated in a parking lot today by a dork in an SUV. So I slowed down to an elderly crawl and bugged the crap out of him. Why does that feel so good sometimes? I just am not going to whip around a parking lot where people could be walking or backing out of spots without looking. Making someone go slow behind me and watching their frustration in the rear view mirror is cheap entertainment, and I like it.

I don't like it when you get a round pizza and they cut it into the little squares. I love the pieces with crust on them, and it is so hard to eat the messy middle squares that are nothing but sauce and cheese. I just don't understand the logic behind the square-cut technique. Perhaps it's designed to make you eat less or something, because of the smaller sizes of the slices--or is it to make you eat more? Maybe it has no purpose other than style. "Hey, I want to go eat at that pizzeria that does that cool thing where they cut the pizza into little squares instead of boring slices. No, I don't remember their name but I do remember those squares, sure as shit! Let's go! Now!"

I'm happy it's almost May. May is a fun month.

I believe in aliens. And they are gonna git us. I don't even have a cellar to hide in when they get here. I am not sure how fast my car will drive, really. Maybe I can hit 120mph but that's it. I bet the aliens will be a hell of a lot faster. They'll catch me, and then just do some weird alien shit and make me freak out. I don't believe they care about abducting us, or sticking probes in our asses, but I do think they would just do a lot of staring, touching and probably shoving if they came here and tried to mingle. An intergalactic shoving match, the likes of which we cannot comprehend, is at hand. Somedays, I really believe that. And other days I just go to work and buy groceries and watch TV. So at least, not everyday is fraught with aliens-are-coming-anxiety. Just some. I thought I would share that. And also to let you aliens know I am getting ready, and just a friendly warning: I am an excellent shover. So watch out! Fyah fyah!*

*That's my 'karate chop' noise. Spelled out, it's kind of bastardish.

3 comments:

Tony Grant said...

Interesting blog check out my site www.lovesbible.com and let me know what you think

Christina said...

Cell phones weren't really big until I was a senior in college and now EVERYONE has one, even teenagers, which still baffles my mind since my mom never even let me have my own phone line...
By the way, I liked your psa for pets911 so much that I put one on my own site -- such a good idea!

Lisa Armsweat said...

I know this is totally illegal, but I really want to run up and kick a kid right in the behind when they are under 18 and on a cell phone. Like a running kick sort of thing, and then I would run away and jump back in my car and speed off. It's just that: You're a kid. You have NOT earned the right to mobile communication. Whatever happened to yo-yos and that sort of shit? (And Tina I am glad you added Pets911! ANIMALLOVERSRULE!! WOOOOO! (smash beer can into head))