Thursday, June 23, 2005

I wonder if there is a reason why I hardly ever write about recent or current events in my posts. I do this in my journals, too. Which, by the way, are also falling off in frequency. I've always been one of those people who uses journals to figure out stuff and make decisions, etc. In the past few months or so, I haven't been writing very much down at all. I am not sure if that means anything or not. Most likely, I am thinking it means there is less drama and less confusion in my life now, because I do feel pretty damn nice and calm about 98% of my life. Anyway. Just thinking aloud here. Or, thinking in typed words here.

I saw "High Tension" the other day. Don't bother. It's one thing to have a cool slasher film thing going on, but another to throw in a plot twist that makes no sense and is full on inconsistencies. Blah.

This movie, however, looks like it will be right up my proverbial alley: Night Watch.

And even though Kane already posted this trailer, I had to do it too because of HOW EXCITED this one makes me. I mean, it was written by Neil Gaiman and has art direction by Dave McKean (who did the covers for the Sandman comics and Mr. Punch) and it reminds me of Labyrinth and NeverEnding Story and all the other fantasy things I swear I will never, ever outgrow: MIRRORMASK.

I want someone to make a movie where these two dogs are stealing a car. They are all gansta-ed out, too, with lots of, I believe the word is "bling." Yeah. Two hours of these two dogs, working hard to steal a car. It would take two hours because of the lack of thumbs, fingers and knowledge of how to steal a car. They would get distracted by cats, loud noises and random cold cuts thrown at them by a crazy old guy. I think this could be a winner. People love dogs, and they love crime. I need a power that be at a movie studio to call me up so we can develop the everloving shit out of this one.

No comments: