Today is my blog's second birthday, so in honor of this momentous occasion, I present a little list I threw together rather quickly:
Things I am not impressed with:
Huge plasma TVs
Lights mounted underneath your bitchin' Iroc
Web Cams
Pedicures or manicures
Creamed corn
Massive displays of military might
Genocide
Circus people, esp. the ringmaster. Whatever, you freak.
People who say "UNIX" a lot
Eunuchs
Castration, in general
Dental cleanings
The new "Personal Sized Watermelons" you see in the produce aisle
Bench pressing more than 400 of anything (unless it's bowls of Mac-N-Cheese, since that would be sort of neat)
Magic: The Gathering
Mandy Moore
Loan payment booklets
Looseleaf paper
Scented candles purchased in Walgreens
My ability to bruise easily.
6 comments:
Ugh, creamed corn. It makes me think of something an old man coughed up.
I agree with your list, although I'd add:
-Mischa Barton
-fake tans
-giant platform wedge sandals
-shaggy haircuts (that are supposed to look like they just rolled out of bed, but you know they spent hours styling it that way)on straight guys. Who are you kidding? You look completely gay.
-100+ degree heat
-Fruity Pebbles. They just added pink flakes. Now it looks even more like fish food, and leaves a sugary paste in your mouth after you eat it. Not impressed.
Happy 2nd Birthday, blog! We're happy to have you on the internets.
Can I add one to the list?
-That really high note that Mariah Carey can hit. We wish you wouldn't.
I whole heartedly agree with your list! Especially the huge plasma TV's...although I have a sneaking suspicion I'm going to end up with one if my husband has anything to say about it.
If I could add one, it would be my office manager. Maybe I'm the only one who'll get that, but she's really a waste of air.
happy belated blogday! i like that you are unimpressed with scented candles purchased from walgreens. they are practically the definition of unimpressive. especially if its a cheap-seeming scent like cinnamon.
i cant really think of anything im unimpressed with right now. just about everything amazes me these days.
I guess I always though "personal sized watermelons" had a different connotation altogether.
Thanks for all the additions. There is so much to not be impressed by out there. Trish, I agree with your list, of course. High notes from "Mimi" aren't exactly something I appreciate either, lengli, so thanks for that reminder.
I'm adding DiGiorno's pizza (it's pretty good, but it doesn't taste anything like delivery); and the song "That Don't Impress Me Much" by Shania Twain. Because, after I wrote this post, I CAN'T get that fooking song out of my head!!
Post a Comment