
THIS POOR DOG. That's Malcolm, nappin' in his basket. I just got back from an early morning bike ride with him--the first we have taken in a long time (due to the heat and my inability to get out of bed early enough to exercise before it gets too hot). We went on a new route today, and we passed a trailer park. Stupid me, I start paying attention to looking in at the trailer park from this alleyway we are riding through. I fail to notice the gigantic speedbumps in the alley. I hit one, hard, and Malcolm flies up and lands back down on the pillow in the basket on my bike. He was friggin' airborne for about 2 seconds! Horrible. Don't worry, he's totally cool about it. When it was over, he adjusted himself, and resumed his regal stance in the basket, letting the wind toss his hair like a tiny, canine Fabio or something. Anyway, I just wanted to post that I almost killed my dog because I was too busy looking into a trailer park. (And really... speedbumps in an alley? Why?)
3 comments:
Having never been to Arizona, I can only picture a very hot fantasy land, where alleyways have speed bumps, little dogs ride in baskets on bikes, and trailer parks are so beautiful it's distracting. What a truly wonderful land, this Arizona...
Don't forget, we also have wildfires that cannot be contained. The one we have now started on the 21st, and every night around dusk you can clearly see the columns of smoke north of the city. 176,000 acres are gone, including the biggest Saguaro cactus on record.
Other than that, though, your assessments are correct.
The trailer park was VERY beautiful. I can't explain it, but it was actually kinda-- SEXY.
AWWWWWW, the baby.
Post a Comment