This story jarred me from my tired complacency this morning, and made me very glad that I was nowhere near the vicinty of the I-10 and Marana last night (among a million other places I could have been):
Crash spills blood, urine on I-10 near Marana
Associated Press
Jun. 10, 2005 07:45 AM
MARANA - A crash on eastbound Interstate 10 near Marana Thursday night turned into a biohazard situation after blood, urine and other lab materials spilled across the roadway.
The crash happened about 6:35 p.m. near the Trico-Marana Road exit.
No serious injuries were reported, but containers of blood, urine, semen and other medical lab materials were scattered across the interstate.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety and Northwest Fire District firefighters handled the crash scene near the Pinal-Pima County line.
They mentioned "other lab materials" being scattered across the interstate, too. So imagine being the guy riding behind the crash, and having to deal with those little fecal-sample cards stuck to your windshield. All you'd be able to say is, "Oh, ohhh! Man!" as the windshield wiper fluid made a brown mess of your line of vision. Not to mention the fact that dried semen definitely ruins your alloy rims.
Gross!
2 comments:
It kind of begs the question - how do you know dried seamen ruins alloy rims? I imagine an elaborate tale of debauchery ending up with a hung over car crazed boy regretting last night for a whole new reason. But I dunno. Maybe it's all about the chemical make up.
Must be something about Marana.
A few years ago I was with my parents attempting to drive from Tucson to Phoenix for dinner with Diana's parents and we were stopped on the I-10 for hours for no reason we were aware of. In the paper the next day, we learned it was because body parts had started falling off a semi truck and were scattered across the road. Turns out the semi had hit the guy back near El Paso, but didn't start dropping body parts until past Tucson.
So, must be something about Marana.
Post a Comment