
It could be because I am extra tired from a long day of driving in 95+ degree heat, compounded by the fact that it is currently almost 2 in the morning, but I am scared! Scared of aliens! Yeah, it's true, I said it! I just saw War of the Worlds. Say what you will about the script, the presence of stupid Cruise, whatever... but for me, aliens are the scariest thing EVER. I mean it. I know they are gonna come and get us. I get more scared of alien movies than slasher movies or movies with ghosts or weirdness or even possessed little girls. So now that I am home alone at the end of the night, I am sort of not-wanting to lay down and go to bed and listen for the sounds of the tripods walking around out there... I am an idiot. There was a real reason I HAD to do the sound effects for War of the Worlds when the theater did it back in 2001; I just had to see how well I could re-create the horror I always imagined in my head, since I read a segmet of the story in a Reader's Digest at the dentist office in elementary school, and then saw the movie and read the book and had nightmares and all that-- I know this horror well. Am I weird? I'm thinking, yes; but then again, "weird" might equal "tastes bad in the flesh" to the aliens! Here's hoping, anyway. ALIENS! (Shudder!)
3 comments:
I'm the same way. I remember a few pre-teen years in which I lie awake in bed and pray not to be abducted by aliens that night. It seems my fear started after watching a few too many episodes of "Sightings" (remember that show?) - I watched the show for the ghost stories, but inevitably they would always sneak in an abduction. Honestly, there really should have been a parental warning - it would have saved me much heartache.
Sightings was damn scary. I admit that when they did ghost stuff, it was really good. (There was one with the voice of a little boy in a lighthouse, talking about "watching the war" that just about killed me whenever I watched the tape-- we had it for rental at the video store I worked at)
I had this nightmare about 4 times in a row once, about aliens attacking and taking humans for their hearts. In the nightmare, me and my sister and a couple friends were driving as fast as we could away from my college, which was where the aliens had landed (they must really love the movie Annie and wanted to check out Daddy W's mansion)... we were in an old station wago we stole, and when we looked up there were now 2 moons, and the second one was blood red. Seriously, that nightmare was on repeat for me. Yuck.
Finally, Communion? Cripes, I was scared of it but I never watched the full movie-- the book did me in. By the time I rented the movie, I could only make it through about 15 minutes. (Fire in the Sky has the all-time scariest abduction scene-- that needle coming at the guy's eye...! AHHH!)
Aliens, I am beggin' ya now: leave us alone. At least until after I am dead. Okay? Thanks.
I used to be terrified of E.T. Hells, I still am. I used to imagine him peeking his creepy little misshapen head in my window at night, and to be honest, the image still scares the bejesus out of me.
Post a Comment