Sunday, February 05, 2006


February 4, 2006... Coronado Island Beach, California... On the beach, in the dark... Greg asked me to be his wife. I said YES. I am SO HAPPY! There's more to this story; and I will write it soon. It's late now, and I need to go to bed, but suffice to say it was the greatest weekend of my life. We're kinda giddy!

21 comments:

Brooke said...

CONGRATULATIONS! *What* a beautiful photograph. Some people, you just know they'll be happy. That photo says it all.

How wonderful!

Paul said...

congratulations.

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you, and the ring is just beautiful!!

lengli said...

Congratulations, Lisa! Young Chuck Norris would be proud, and that's double true!

I extend this offer to all of my engaged friends: if you need a flower girl, let me know. I know flower girls are usually like 4 or 5, and I'm 24, but come on, do you really want some bratty kid that will potentially throw a hissy fit on your big day and end up throwing her basket of flower petals at your Aunt Myrna, or do you want a flower girl who has taken the time to statistically chart the exact flower trajectories that will result in the most pleasing aesthetics? I think the choice is clear. Vote lengli as the flower girl for your wedding, she's the choice of a new generation.

Lisa Armsweat said...

Thanks so much! It's so hard to be at work today--or to think of any other topics!

Lengli as Flowergirl? Wow, it's not bad at all! Well, to be honest though and fair to Greg, lengli, I will submit your proposal to the idea bank. Yes, we have an "idea bank"; and no, bribes don't work in the idea bank hierarchy. So go ahead and keep your dirty underwear and that empty Cheez Whiz bottle you're so very fond of.
(However, we may request Nunzilla's presence at the ceremony... so if she invites you as her guest you can be there! Weeeeeee!)

Anonymous said...

Yay!! That's awesome. Oh and how I love Coronado Island...one of my favorite places.

Fraulein N said...

Congrats! That's a beautiful ring!

X said...

CONGRATTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys look so cute together! :)

I hope you have a long and happy life together (lol, I sound like a fortune cookie)

Lisa Armsweat said...

Jeez, I don't know what to say but thank you for the compliments!! I think Greg and I are used to people diverting their gaze elsewhere and rushing from the room with an "Igottago..."

Just kidding, sorta.

By the way, we couldn't find anyone on the street to take our picture so Greg had to hold the camera out. Most of our pictures are taken in this manner.

As for the ring: I have never been a "ring girl"-- meaning I didn't have a clue about settings and cuts and all that. Rings just never seemed that important to me. Until now. I see that the sentiment behind it is what matters most, but it's also visually STUNNING and sparkly as hell! I love it so much.

Oh, and Coronado Island IS beautiful, Melanie! I loved it. We drove around and looked at the tiny million dollar houses yesterday before we left. The big houses of course, are billion dollar houses. Note to self: I have to get rich one of these days.

brianna said...

Yay yay yay!!!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!!! I hear ya about the ring.... I was the same way. It's beautiful, and I love that he got the star put on the band! So you just let me know if you need me to do anything for the wedding..... :)

Smackadocious said...

Many congratulations to the both of you! I wish you both lots of happiness!

As for the idea of having a 24-year-old flower girl, by all means, go for it. There's less of a chance of a screw-up, and a much greater chance for German Karaoke!

And, if you need more than one flower girl, I will gladly volunteer my dog, Riley... provided, of course, she doesn't end up eating the flowers and taking a technicolor, flowery shit at your reception. Maybe I'd better rethink this one.

Again, many well wishes!

Matthew said...

Conrats Lisa and Greg! I'm so very very happy for you. :-)

lengli said...

Smackadocious is rooting for me, I love that! Oh, there will certainly be German Karaoke, but I won't just limit myself to Wednesdays. Thank goodness I've had just enough German to understand the pronunciation, and that I look German enough to pull it off. Did you know that "fashion lederhosen" are apparently in this spring? Speak the words, Lisa, and this Flower Fräulein will be so.

Robert said...

Yay! Congrats to the both of you!!

You know, he kind of had you in a strange spot because if you would have said, 'no,' he might have just left you in San Diego!! :)

We can't wait for the big day.

Veruca Salt said...

Congrats, that's so cool!

Smackadocious said...

German Karaoke WeddingDays... Lengli, I've got your back! First up at the reception, however, should be that snappy Hasselhoff cover...

And please, let's not(?) forget about Lionel... "Hello" is definitely (not?)in order. And if you need a copy of that friggin' "Ich fin de Scheiße" song my dumb-ass roommate kept playing my junior year, I'll have to dig it up.

Hmm... San Diego. Why am I picturing the first date between Ron Burgundy and Veronica Corningstone when they're looking out over the city? Please tell me Greg said something about how Coronado Island was German for a whale's hoo-hah! Or not.

Lengli, you should start negotiations on your flower girl ensemble (so long as we're talking "idea bank" here.

Okay, I've reached my nonsense cap for the day.

Diana said...

Well, Lani already took up both "happy" and "jazzed," so I would just like to express how completely stoked I am for you.. No, no wait. AMPED. I'm amped for you!

Seriously, congratulations to you both. Is this going to be a long engagement??

Lisa Armsweat said...

Smackadocious mentioned Lionel in her reply, and I just want to say I think it's only right I walk down the aisle to "Say You Say Me" because my all time favorite lyric is in that song: "I HAD A DREAM... I HAD AN AWESOME DREAM..." What could be better. I had an awesome dream about my wedding day, how about that?!

(Sorry... no mention of whale's vaginas on our special evening. Although I am sure we can convince Greg, given a little liquor imbidement, to say something about some sort of mammal genitalia at the ceremony. Hell, i know I'd enjoy it anyway! And let me add: "You ate a whole wheel of cheese? I'm not even mad! I'm impressed!")

We do not know yet the length of our engagement. Probably it will take about as long as it takes a calf to drive over here. (If you get that reference and you are not Trish, shout it out here!)

Smackadocious said...

Calves driving! Fabulous! My favorite has to do with telling children that God's crying "Probably 'cause of something YOU did." That went over REAL well when I was a children's therapist!

And as you walk down the aisle to "Say You, Say Me," you can have the wedding in the park while people play games in the dark. God, that's scary I remember that.

Off topic, Lisa, I've got to tell you that you inspired me to jump back into my blog a while back when you stated you got peeved when people neglected their blogs for extended periods of time... I was one of those people. It was a combination of your encouraging dedication to this slice o' Web and the utter shame of Banana World dropping off your Noteworthy Blog Right-Side Column of Fame that got me back on track! Thanks! (I type, as I realize I haven't posted anything to my blog in weeks...)

"You woke the bears; why did you DO that?!"

Christina said...

oh my god, I haven't been here in like two weeks and you got engaged!!? I'm so excited for you! Mazel Tov, as the jews (and those married to jews) say!

Brigita said...

Welcome to the club! Enjoy this wonderful time before you realize all the planning that is involved. This is the best time.