If I don't say so myself, I am pretty damned sophisticated and smart.
Why do I think I have the right to say that? Well... I not only went to college but I loved the "thesis" way of thinking that went along with it. I like to read novels, literature and scientific non-fiction. I am an accomplished* thespian and director, and I have written two novels with two more in the works. My IQ is also in the higher range, and I always scored in the top 2% on my Iowa Tests back in school.
But herein lies the rub: I have very little to show for any of this. I wish I could demonstrate some superior intellect here. I wish I could begin powerful and well-thought-out discussions on this bloggy medium; I could use this as a forum for intelligent discourse. The thing is, I just can't, and I won't!
What I will share for you is my current Vomit Clip of Choice.
I just have this sick thing where I laugh when people throw up. In the past, I have loved the Lard Ass scene in "Stand By Me." I have laughed until I cried at my best friend Kristen's husband's thoroughly realistic fake vomit performance. Now I have a lovely man in my life who also does a wicked fake vomit performance. God damn, I am so lucky! I may have graduated Magna Cum Laude, but I will laugh till I cry at gross, disgusting humor any old time you give me some. I'm 30, and whoopee cushions still make me chuckle, and real farts are JUST HILARIOUS.
I now share with you the Family Guy Clip Where They All Take Ipecac and Violently Puke!
Happy weekend, and God bless us, everyone.
* well, I did do some Shakespeare in community theater a few times; that's gotta be a sign of my smartness, right?
7 comments:
People vomitting makes me vomit. But I do crack up over other bodily functions.
Oh yes: the real reason I married C is because he does a brilliant imitating of a cat vomiting.
For years I wondered about the wisdom of this, until the day my best friend came to stay with us for the weekend. My husband started doing his imitating and she joined right in. It was then that I saw my pattern for what it was.
That's right: I enjoy cat vomiting. I'm not ashamed to say it. I mean, I AM ashamed to say it, but what the hell.
I'm sooo not a laugh-at-vomit person. People talking about it even grosses me out. Yuck!
Well, I'm not so much one for the vomit scenes as, like babyjewels, they tend to make me ill, but if you're looking for a honey of a vomitorium, check out one of my favorite movies of all time, "Drop Dead Gorgeous". To quote one of the movie characters, "Fuckin' beauty queens blowing chunks everywhere. I've never seen anything like it, and I live in LA." If it weren't a question of bodily fluids, the scene would actually be quite beautiful. Check it out!
There's a clip somewhere where some guy pays someone on the street hundreds of dollars to drink ipecac. It's pretty damn funny, because he pukes so many times, and you can tell he's in agony. It's gross though.
It's long, but oh, so funny.
Yeah, OK, if was for real and someone was puking near me, I would probably retch too. But on film and when it's just the fake sounds, I crack up every single time!!
Lengli, I totally love Drop Dead Gorgeous. "Call a PRIEST, for God's sake!" That's a great scene.
Paul, first I thought that was the long haired Penn and Teller dude (Penn?) but the common man was way funnier anyway...bottom line: that was disgusting and I laughed my ass off. Thanks!!
Post a Comment