I did it again, I went to Wal-Mart the other day and purchased more stuff I didn't really need, but somehow or other, it seemed like a fantastic idea at the time, so I bought it and AHHH! Now I have stuff.
OK, so I bought new sheets, and I love them. Leopard print, and some red pillowcases. Very swank. Wowee. But I also bought a new CD for myself, and it's one that I decided all the sudden that I absolutely had to have, no question.
It's Queen+, Greatest Hits III. It opens with a live version of "The Show Must Go On" with Elton John singin' his head off. There are all these other songs I admit I never heard before, like the one that I am listening to right now: "Driven by You." It had cheesy guitars and a dumb beat. I don't like it much. "Everything we do, everything we do, is driven by YOU!"
Oh, now it's breaking down and talking about children losing their way, and life without the elusive "you" "just won't do." Now I am ears-deep in a guitar solo.
I am thinking this song would be great in my movie. In my movie, there would be a little old man who works as a ball washer at a bowling alley. He is in love with the whorey old ex-women's-prison-guard who runs the shoe counter. This song comes on one night while he is having a training sequence with one of the guys who works the snack bar; training, of course, in the ways of the sexy bowler. He wants to impress the bitch. Well, this song would be gold in a scene like that. At the end of the scene, the guy has a massive coronary and the strains of the song would sound fantastic over the vision of him slumping down along the ball return. The shoe counter bitch would light a cigarette, and say over the PA system, "Hey, Louie, get that old guy off the floor, we got customers comin' in, Christ!" What a great movie this would be. And would you believe I only JUST made it up. This movie will go into pre-production soon with Joanna Kerns as the shoe counter bitch.
Thanks Queen. And now, you are giving me some horrendous piano solo on "Living on My Own." It's gonna be a productive Monday here. I love Queen.
Late breaking addition to this post: Right now I am on Track #14, which is a remix of "Another One Bites the Dust" with Wyclef Jean cutting in and saying, "Freddie Mercury, where you at?" It is the best EVER. I am smiling like a prince of the universe over this. I can't recommend this fine crap enough to all y'all.
No comments:
Post a Comment