Monday, December 22, 2003

Today I remembered college.

Sometimes I forget I actually went to college and that I earned myself a bachelor's degree. College flew by in an intense wave of not-making-any-lasting-friends and worrying-more-about-what-I-was-doing-outside-of-classes; such as working and doing theater and writing stories. So yeah, college was not memorable, really. Not a bad time, per se, but still it wasn't something I need to write home to anyone about. It's a bunch of yawns, really.

But the thing I remembered today was I took some halfway decent creative writing classes. In one class, I wrote a short story about invisible mute people who go on talk shows. Another story involved a blind date some girl has with a guy who plays in a band called "Pineapple Suck Muffin." That right there was literary genius. I wrote some interesting stuff back in the day. I am curious about where the hard copies of those stories are right now. Maybe that's something I need to look into. I think the world may finally be ready for a well-edited version of the story about the guy from Pineapple Suck Muffin. At last.

No comments: