
Someone has been giving Armsweat some pretty flowers. Even recalling a little statement made in passing about liking Gerber daisies. Someone is doin' their homework and being nice to the Armsweat. Also, these flowers make for a nice shot for me to say Happy Mother's Day to my mom. Just recently, I spent an hour on the phone with Mom as she watched a Diamondbacks game. I never watch sports so I turned to the same station and watched, too. She explained all the rules of the game, and she told me things about which players were good, which ones were unproven, and why this particular hitter was walked when the one before him wasn't. I was surprised because I didn't know she was that big of a baseball fan. I knew she would watch games when I was growing up, but never seemed to give it her full attention or anything. But here she was screaming at the TV when someone did something dumb, and giggling when some of her favorite players did well. I was excited to learn something brand-new about my Mom that day. I want to know what else she is really into that I don't know about. Maybe she is a fondue-cooking queen, or she can do that trick with spinning plates on sticks. That lady could be capable of anything and everything, so while I am impressed, I am also on guard. After all, she did find this blog and she figured out how to comment... she can definitely crush my spirit with a well-placed adjective. So if you're reading this Mom-- my point of this post remains, simply: Happy Mother's Day and thank you for impressing me one more year! Love ya.
3 comments:
Love the vase. Are those *real* polka-dots?
Oh, no, those are not real polka-dots. I had to paint them on... with cat pee. Or was it ammonia? Hmm. Both tasted the same. A good artist always samples the medium.
Yes, a lot of people don't realize that real polka dots went extinct about 38 years ago, around the same time your mother started "whoring it up".
Oooooo! BURN!
Post a Comment