Wednesday, May 04, 2005

There was a commercial for women's deodorant in either the late 80s or early 90s that had a song that went:
"Pressure's on
Getting higher
Difference is
You stay drier!"

Was that Secret? Or Ban Roll-On? What the hell deodorant WAS THAT? And why am I singing it when I should be going to bed now? That's what I can't figure out, and no amount of derring-do seems to be clearing it up for me, try as I may.

Plus, to make life even more horrible, I think I don't know how to use derring-do properly in a sentence.

3 comments:

Smackadocious said...

I don't know, either. And now you've got me racking my brain about it. Damn it. Hope you're happy now. This is worse than the time I had that awful Mr. Big song in my head. And definitely much, much worse than the five minutes I couldn't remember the name of Punky Brewster's dog (I finally went to sleep when I remembered it was Brandon). Damn it!

Lisa Armsweat said...

All I remember of Punky Brewster is the episode where her friend, Cherri, got stuck inside the refrigerator. Right before the commercial break, they opened the door and her body slumped out. Shows today don't have enough Dangers of Playing Inside Old Refrigerators episodes; how will the children learn? I mean... shit!

Smackadocious said...

See, that's the one that sticks out in my head, too. And of course, it had to be the minority who was stupid enough to hide in the refrigerator then briefly meet Death. Why couldn't fucking Margo (sp?) get stuck in the damned refrigerator and nearly die? And if she was so fucking well-to-do, why the hell was she in that apartment complex? Gah!