Monday, October 17, 2005

I nearly spit out my frosted flakes this morning as I read the book review section in a recent copy of Entertainment Weekly. I know this is the second post in a few days mentioning this magazine, but it's been my main portal into the world outside for awhile now (see the No Tv post below this one for reference), so I have to keep name droppin' it.

Why did I almost spit out corn flaked goodness covered in evil sugar? Well, it's simple, really: CHRIS ELLIOTT HAS A NEW BOOK!

This is HUGE news for me. I love this man. Almost as much as I love Mike Nelson from MST3K, Steve Martin's stuff from the 70s, Bill Murray and the current joys that are Arrested Development and Family Guy. The book is called The Shroud of the Thwacker and it is a take-off of the turn of the century crime novels such as the ones written by Caleb Carr, or stories about Jack the Ripper. The review in EW mentioned the killer leaving a dead prostitute's intestines coiled about her head in a beehive hairdo. If that's not good writing, I don't want to know what is. And I mean that.

Needless to say, this is a got-to-have item, I have got-to-have it.

1 comment:

Veruca Salt said...

Have you read the book "Sock" by the talking half of Penn and Teller? I don't like that guy, but the book was really really good - funny, smart, dotted with pop culture references - I liked it so much that it was almost upsetting