Friday, March 31, 2006

I've decided that hearing a grown man use the word "stinky" in a sentence is hilarious.

Especially when it happens at work. And it's your boss. And he is talking about a "situation." As in: "The whole situation on this is a little stinky."

I'm dyin' over here. Am I the only one who thinks this is funny? The last time I heard someone use "stinky" was when speaking about the condition of an infant's diaper. Whew.

6 comments:

Fraulein N said...

That is funny, because a)it's a grown-ass man and b)it's your boss. Heh.

Ovedya said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ovedya said...

The term stinky is particularly humorous when spoken with a Spanish accent: "steeeenkieee;" or like Pepe Le Pew, whichever appeals to you most.

Jen said...

LOL! I had to stop by and post after reading your comment in Popo's blog. Thanks for reminding me that my aunt raised all of her children referring to certain bodily functions as having to "go stinky" or "make stinky". I still remember the incredible discomfort I felt the day my cousin announced that to me (we were the same age...but still, when you're 8 do you need to know such things? much less announce them...?)

Now I wonder if he, in all of his 27-year-old glory, still uses that terminology.

Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

hehehe—you writing a post about stinky is funny.

Lisa Armsweat said...

There was some song on South Park that had a line in it that talked about "Stinky Britches." I actually started singing that in my head the rest of that day.

Yeah, my mom and my Granny also said the famed, "Do you have to go make a stinky?" when it appeared we had to take a crap as kids. This is also why I find the word "bunch" to be equally hilarious: Granny would sometimes interchange "stinky" with "bunch."

The first time I took a crap and it looked like grapes in the toilet, you can damned well be sure that it forever changed how I look at a bunch of grapes in the supermarket. And why, maybe, I don't eat dark-colored grapes.