Thursday, May 19, 2005

Life is full of harsh lessons. For instance, we can't control events. Fate is unstoppable, like a bowling ball being thrown off a bridge. Even if you are really strong, you can't do much except watch that ball hit. And maybe get out of the way, I guess.

I found out I can't control things today, when I decided to clean out the bottom of my toaster oven. I had a bunch of that crusty crumb-stuff on the bottom from all the English muffins and waffles that have spent some time browning in my little oven. I removed the tray and started bringing it over to my faithful trash can.

But when I went to dump the crumbs into the can, I lost control. The lid to the garbage can was not up far back enough (it's one of those fancy silver trash cans with the lid that opens when you step on the little pedal-- I like to refer to my trash can as The Flapping Torpedo) and the edge of the crumb-catchin' tray knocked into the lid. Crusty crumb-stuff went fucking EVERYWHERE! And to make it worse, I stepped in some a little bit.

And the dogs wouldn't eat it.

So I had to clean it up.

I can't control anything. Life, crumbs, dogs. Nothing. Might as well just go back to bed and not wash ever again!

4 comments:

Little Silver Stars said...

I guess your decision to adopt dogs instead of buying that vaccuum cleaner is really coming back to bite you in the ass, huh?

Anonymous said...

You know, if you licked them off the floor in less than 15 seconds, they don't really count as be "on the floor."

Anonymous said...

Trish, a LOT of things are biting me in the ass.

For no reason, here is a good quote from Fifth Element that has absolutely nothing to do with anything:

SOLDIER: Sir, are you classified as human?

CORBIN DALLAS: Negative. I am a meat popsicle.

Lisa Armsweat said...

Oh, sweet funky freshness! I forgot to sign in on my little comment above. I need credit for that shit.