I can't take it when some women talk in a baby-voice. Those really high-pitched, sing-songy voices. I can handle someone scraping their nails on a chalkboard, but not that.
There's a commercial on the air here right now for a place called Cash Time Loans, and the woman in the commercial is this extremely vapid-looking blonde-- not bimbo, necessarily; more like Naive Pastor's Wife or something like that-- and she squeals out "Cash TIME Loans!" in one of these voices. They play it all the time during the morning news, so I hear it almost every day. She makes me sick, for real. Didn't they listen to her before they sent the final tape of the commercial to the stations? I assume they heard her voice first. What was the marketing strategy on this one?
"I've got it. Let's market this to all the women who were molested as children. Yeah! What other segment of the market needs payday loans more, huh? These women are fragile! They have a fractured sense of self-worth and femininity! So they can't be expected to manage their money... they need our loans...that's it. That's the sell. OK, soooo... git 'r done!"
(I decided to throw in a git 'r done, simply because when I think of things that make my brain and soul hurt, that is right up there with the high-pitched baby voice women.)
(Also, I didn't know for a long time that it was a Jeff Foxworthy thing. I really thought it was a W. saying about the war in Iraq. Some people have found this humorous when I share it. But cut me some slack-- I don't watch a lot of TV. And I will refrain from saying something negative about The 'Fox in case some of his crazy hill-people followers decide to track my yuppy ass down and knock me down a peg 'r two. I'm a pussy like that.)
5 comments:
I also didn't know it was Jeff Foxworthy. I'm proud of that. Everyone should know less Jeff Foxworthy.
There is a large sign on one of my co-worker's monitors with GIT R DONE on it. However, it is coming from the mouth (and I swear I wouldn't know this if I weren't looking at it now) of someone named Larry the Cable Guy.
I have no idea what any of this means, but I'm pretty sure it's 99% of what's wrong with our country.
Do you ever listen to LoveLines or whatever it's called with Dr. Drew? Whenever a girl calls in with one of those baby voices they always take bets on her childhood... molested, abandoned in a basement for a year, only allowed to eat oatmeal until she was 10... anyway, it's always something horrible and they're always right. I don't know where I'm going with this. I hate that girlie voice, too and now I feel bad about it and assume there is some dark thing lurking in their past gripping onto their vocal chords. So. Uh. Yeah. Nail on chalkboard and guilt. Le fun!
I totally agree about the woman's voice on that stupid commercial. I flick the station until she is done - you're right! That voice is a definite turn off!!
The only thing worse than baby-voices on grown women is the new trend in talking babies. That skeeves me out.
Thanks for clearing up the origin of Git R Done. Now I can despise the morons who use it even more for being Foxworthy fans.
Post a Comment