So my sister got a new job, and it's in a bead shop. It's the perfect job for her, since she is back in retail, which she loves; and it is talking about and working with beads all day long.
I went to visit her there on Saturday, which was a busy day in the little shop. I keep remembering this one moment from my visit:
She showed me the room with the glass beads, which are cheaper than the Swarovski crystals that adorn the whole front room of the store and mesmerize you with their sparkliness. Anway, she was getting down some beads from an area up near the ceiling, using a hook on a long pole. When she got some black sparkly beads down for me (yeah, I bought a bunch of beads, I couldn't help it), some of them fell off the string-loop and scattered and bounced all over the floor of the room. And Trish kept saying, "Oh, that's not good, that's not good..." as she went about tying up the string that someone had mistakenly not-tied-up on the last sale.
I liked the image of my sister getting a little ticked off at beads falling on the floor. This is way better than the image of her slumped at her computer, wishing her gross co-worker would not eat tuna subs all day and let his awful foot-odor stink up the whole office. I am very happy for my little sister, and her management of all beads; neatly strung-up and unruly-on-the-floor alike.
2 comments:
Awwww, you're a good big sister for supporting her in her "dream job." That is also my sister's dream job, she's always making jewelry out of beads and selling it.
Yay! That makes me happy too! Except for the beads on the floor part... beads are hard to find once you've dropped them.
Post a Comment