Wednesday, October 19, 2005

MEANINGLESS QUEST DOT BLOGSPOT has been launched!

Today I created a blog just for my NaNoWriMo novel project! And it turns out I had a synposis of the book-to-be hiding within my brain, too, so I spit that out as the first post. Check it out by clicking here: The Big Meaningless Quest

The whole idea is to spoof the whole Lord of the Rings/ epic fantasy adventure books, from a female perspective, and from a female perspective that happens to be high a lot of the time and "just doesn't care a lot about who wins", she just wants peace and quiet and decent sales of her tobacco products.

I'm kind of excited, and I wish it was November 1 right now... but I am a stickler for playing by the rules and not posting a word until then. Wish me luck!

8 comments:

Matthew said...

I always thought that whole mess could have been much more easily settled if they'd just introduced pipe weed to Mordor.

"Who needs a ring, man? I just want some Funyuns."

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

Brooke said...

HILARIOUS. DYING to read it!

X said...

That's an awesome idea! Be sure to include guys with viens in the forearm.... :)

Unknown said...

Hee hee - cool idea, Lisa! I bet you'll have fun coming up with all the goofy names! But if you get stuck, maybe this will help...

http://www.chriswetherell.com/hobbit/

Unknown said...

Oh please add:

Sincerely,
Dora Sandybanks of Frogmorton

babyjewels said...

I may be the only person left who has not seen Lord of the Rings. My other confession is I've never seen any Star Wars stuff either. I know, weird huh? It's not like I've avoided it - just never got around to it.

Good luck with your writing.

Lisa Armsweat said...

Thanks for the encouragement! I will try to make it a good book, and not one of those totally sucky books. Those books are the WORST.